Friday 4 February 2011

General weirdness in acrylic

Not to be whingy (that's usually saved for my other blog), but I've been a bit under the weather this week. At one point I thought I'd try distracting myself with some weirdness on canvas (weird enough right there. I don't paint anyway, and I hardly ever do anything on canvas), and here you have it.

This? Well, I know why it exists. I even know what it's trying to be.

I don't think I'll tell you.

I will, however, mention that the white squiggly lines are actually highlighting a gessoed texture that you can't see in the photo. Not that it really changes anything, but that's why they're irregular.

As is the brain of the doodler, at the moment. At least this gave me something to do in between bouts of curling up under the blankets. Maybe next time I'll even aim for something that looks a little more like a real painting...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails