Sunday 22 November 2015

City in watercolour

This week's Illustration Friday prompt is city, and I'll likely edit this post before I put it there because it's a pain posting from the phone with a quick phone scan. Edit: decided not to edit.

Anyway, this is pretty much what the city felt like to me when I first moved to one from a small town. My neighbourhood was ok, but downtown was completely overwhelming and didn't feel like it was made to human scale. And if you could find a sliver of blue sky and sunlight, well, that pretty much made your day.

I'd intended this to be the first layer of something more elaborate, but as I was waiting for it to dry I realised that it already said city to me. All I did in the end was to add a black dot.

That's me, of course.

Just for interest's sake, below you'll find the doodle I did when I was deciding how to approach the prompt. Guess I was having a vague shape day in general.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails