Sunday 12 July 2009

Hollowed Pepper in watercolour

Hello and welcome to Dee Tries to Paint. Again.

What can I say? Still game to give it a go. It'll never improve otherwise.

This week's Illustration Friday prompt is hollow, and this is, of course, a radish.

Juuust seeing who was paying attention. Sorry for the darkish photo, by the way, but the office scanner was insisting that it was seeing this doodle (can it still be a doodle if it's painted? I hope so. I like doodles) as yellow, which it's not. So, since I have minimal editing software on this computer, back to iffy photography rather than a nice clean scan.

The odd thing about this particular effort is that I really don't like green peppers and I've never hollowed out one in my life. Ah well. Extra points for the challenge of an unpleasant subject?

3 comments:

Pat said...

I think this is a marvelous rendition of a radish, er...green pepper. (See, I was paying attention.) Well done.

Indigene said...

Lovely subtle coloring!

Lockjaw said...

No no no you can't dislike green peppers, well ok you can but really they are divine. Well I love them any way especially cooked up with potato and onions in the frying pan with a lid over.
Sorry about that but they really are delish.

Well done any way for facing up to to something you find unpleasant and doing so well and thank you for stopping by and commenting on my contribution.

Related Posts with Thumbnails